Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fail.

Today was great for the most part for Aidan. He walked several times, twice when I was there and once before I got there. When I arrived Linnea had come back from the Barnes and Noble that was downstairs in the hospital with some books. One for me (the art of sign phrases) and a couple things for Aidan. One thing in particular this book called "Fail". It's a book of signs and crazy things that are just wrong.

Linnea and I read through the whole book before he even got to look at it and we were just cracking up. Our laughter made Aidan crack up as well. I turned to Wayne and said "That's the first time I've heard him laugh in days." It really really made me smile knowing that he was getting pleasure out of us laughing. From that point all I could think about is how "laughter is the best medicine." And it made me think about how far he's gotten since the other day. He was up and around walking today and even playing Simpsons Road Rage on the laptop. That we all enjoyed listening to him play.

The only downside to today was when he requested pain meds but when the nurse went to go put them in his IV he didn't really like the feeling. The only other times I've seen meds go into his IV was when he was a lot more tired and "drugged" I guess. Because this time was especially awful for him. I felt so bad. It ended maybe 25 minutes later after some fighting about having the meds put in or not he decided to put them in. It was really upsetting to see him sob like that and not be able to be there for him like a big cousin should be. But I think somewhere inside him he knows that this little discomfort in the long run is going to pay off.

I love my cousin. Also, his parents are some of the most supportive parents in the world. Just thought I should let everyone know to tip their hats off to Wayne and Linnea. They are absolutely fantastic.
Love you guys <3

(Photos to follow. I was feeling inspired today so there are a lot. Again, it's with my cellphone.)

No comments:

Post a Comment