Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"If you don't think marriage is a contract, think, a priest can bring you together but only a lawyer can break you apart"





I never thought I would get a chance to actually watch the New York State senate debate about the bill of gay marriage and why it should pass in congress. I laid in bed for around an hour and a half waiting and crossing my fingers. As my roommates come in and out of my room asking me what I was doing I simply told them "watching my future". They though it to be odd of me to be watching CSPAN in my bed alone in the dark, but I didn't care. When the official ruling of the bill was declined I dropped my head in shame.

Damn you New York Senate.
(Minus the 24 of you who said "Yes")

2 comments:

  1. I've had some pretty vicious arguments with ppl from the conservative right. All I can say is sadly those people generally don't want to communicate about issues like this. They want to shout, bully and spew lies.

    Tell me I shouldn't give up. I converted. Will anyone else?

    The only hope we have is that eventually this will pass. The conservative right will be pulled, kicking and screaming, into the modern age. It's just a matter of time.

    ReplyDelete